Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 32: What a Day!

If I'm going to do anything....I'm going to do it big.  Have I mentioned that about myself.

We got out the door at 6:30.  Felix gets to drive carpool for the first time.  Fun for him.

We got to the hospital and couldn't find the elevator to the 9th floor.  Went to the information desk and found out I had to have a special sticker to get up there.  We made it and into the Hematology/Oncology center we went.

Wow.  There isn't a lot you can say, other than wow.  Can I be any more humbled?  Nope.

We got Baylee all hooked up and the chairs started filling up.  It's an open infusion room.  Lots of chairs and lots of sweet babies pulling their IV's along as they go to the playroom, get snacks and generally just run around while getting their treatments.

Baylee and I were pretty overwhelmed because at Primary's it's a very quiet experience.  Here...well, not so much.  There were clown docs, and volunteers and toys and balloons and just plain chaos.  She and I didn't really know how to take the philosophy of "You have cancer, let's do something fun!".  Especially since she doesn't have cancer.

But we made it through.  We are set up for our next round at the end of the month, as well as an MRI and x-rays.  It's going to be a very long day.

On our way home, we stopped to get some lunch and lo and behold....A HOBBY LOBBY!  Yeah, we went in.  It was happy.

But then we got home and had to start pulling ourselves together, the missionaries were coming for dinner.  The house was a mess.  A big mess.

I spent the afternoon cleaning.  Then around 5, Noah realized he needed stuff for school the next day and I had to take him to the store.  Really?  So we went and shopped as fast as humanly possible, so I could get home and order pizza.

Got the pizza ordered and waited.  And waited....and waited.

I finally got online to see where my pizza was and ummm, yeah.  I sent it to my house in Utah.  SPECIAL.

I called Papa John's and asked them to send it to the Grant's right across the street.  But they didn't get it and didn't get it and didn't get it.

Then I got an email from our renters.  They got the pizza.  With a few phone calls, we divvied up the pizza and fed both families.  And took the missionaries out to dinner.  It was a good service day....thanks to my stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment