Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 11: Recovery

Brother Blum (pronounced bloom) gave me a lot to think about from our conversation the night before.  So I was definitely trying to get myself out of my melancholy place and figure out why the hud I was here.

Besides, we had back to school night and I still had boxes to unpack.  I hate unpacking.  I'm just saying.

Caleb's back to school night was from 5-7, and we got there like 10 minutes after 5.  The place was packed.  We had to park down the street...it was INSANE!  But we found the cafeteria (a very important place, since that is where Caleb will be eating breakfast and lunch!), found his classroom and met his teacher!  She is great!

The only bummer...okay, not only...is that Caleb was such a late registrant, that his desk packet wasn't ready.  But that's okay...it's all good.

The other thing that was a little nerve wracking was finding out that in the morning, Caleb would get dropped off at school...in the afternoon...he had to take a shuttle to the bus and then the bus home.  But by the time he gets to the bus, Savannah, Noah and Baylee will all be there.  Here they do buses by family...not by school.  Interesting, but it does make it a little easier knowing Caleb won't be completely alone on a bus.

We ran home, picked up the rest of the kiddos and made it to Noah and Baylee's open house.  We met Baylee's teachers, found her locker, did the whole bus thing...yada, yada, yada and then went to do
Noah's.

We found Noah's first class and then realized Caleb was gone.  I thought he was just outside the door, but after Savannah peeked out, then Felix peeked out and there was no Caleb.  We split into teams and went searching.  Let me reiterate.  Back to school night here is huge.  There were people everywhere.  And I mean everywhere!!!!

We all took our designated routes and when we all met up and Caleb was still gone.  I started to cry.  I ran to the front office to get help and Savannah came around another corner where she spied my sweet baby sitting on the couch crying.

We found him.

I'll give more details on the other blog...but there were tears and sighs of relief and then we finished talking to Noah's teachers, found out what we needed to do to get him in the right math class and then went back to the office to start the process.

Then we were off to Savannah's school.  We found her home room, then found out that she would be at the high school for her first couple of classes for the day.  And then we found out about her bus transfers.  WOWZERS!

I was too pooped to cook that night.  I just was.  Quick dinner and bed.  That was all I had left.

No comments:

Post a Comment