Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 26: It's Not Working

Felix got home from his trip at 1 am.  This is stressful on all of us...we each have our piece of the stress pie.

I got the kids to school...Savannah wanted me to drop her at the high school again, so I did.  But it did go much smoother this morning.

When I got home, I had to call the garbage company because I still didn't have my trash cans.  When we first got here, I just called the company that our landlords recommended.  I paid three months in advance...garbage is privatized here.  So strange.  I had to buy my own cans and I'm only allowed little cans.  Sorry...but we are such a NOT environmentally friendly family.  So I had to call a different company.  And now I have garbage service twice a week....which will help get rid of some of the moving crap.

I digress....I went to call the garbage company and my phone wasn't working.  I realized there was still a box from the cable company attached.  I un-attached it.  Then my phone said no line.  So I re-attached it and called AT&T.

I left a message for the installer and tried to call the main number.  I got no where.  But AT&T is huge here, so I drug Felix to the AT&T store with me.  They tried calling tech service, reset the phone and told me to check when I got home.  But I did get a super secret number to call if it still wasn't working.

After that we went to lunch and then went home and the phone still didn't work.  So I called the super secret number and they tried to fix it.  But they couldn't.  So they ordered a tech.

Then I picked the kids up.  And then we went home and waited for the tech.  He came early and it took him 10 minutes.  Awesome.

But I had no intention of making dinner at that point.  So we drove around town for a while...nothing looked good.  Look....the options are extremely, extremely limited.

Arnold, MO is only 49 minutes away (according to the GPS), so we decided to head that way.   Yes, that is the closest city with options.  But once we hit Festus, I didn't want to drive any more.  Yes, Festus.  Every time I say it, I think of the Addams Family.

There are most definitely more choices there.  But we played it safe and ate at Bob Evans.  We even got a pie.  It was a good pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment