Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 16: And the Unpacking Continues

It's the day before school starts.  We are a little freaked out.  So I tried to unpack food storage to keep my mind occupied.  It didn't work so well.

I started unpacking food storage.  What a nightmare.  I totally believe in food storage, but man, moving it is a total nightmare.  I got about halfway.  Then I completely gave up.  It's just plain never going to be done.

I tried cleaning other stuff...that didn't work either.

So finally sometime in the afternoon, Savannah and I went to the AT&T store.  I highly doubt I have explained the way AT&T works here.  Actually, it is the only thing that works here.  Most cell phones will get reception, but it is very  unreliable.  VERY UNRELIABLE.  And yet T-Mobile won't let me out of my congtract...even though I never knew when I was going to be able to use the phone.  I'm so freakin' excited that AT&T and T-Mobile are merging....NOT.

Anyhoo, I digress.  We got our new phones last week, but Caleb was such a nightmare in the store, I had to leave before my phone was set up.  And I confess....I did get an iPhone, because if I'm gonna go....I'm gonna go big.

Again, I digress.  But Savannah and I went and 2 hours later, my phone was working the way it was supposed to.  Savannah had already gotten a scratch on her phone, which is shocking in and of itself because she is so responsible.  We tried to fix it.  No such luck.

By then it was time to make dinner.  OH YEAH, a distraction.

We had dinner, tried to get everything ready for the morning.  Felix and I had to run an errand, then we brought smoothies back for the kids and got ready to do our back to school blessings.

Oh how grateful I am for the Priesthood and that my husband is a worthy Preisthood holder.  Each of the children received a unique and beautiful blessing that helped us all feel better.

We finished up with family prayer and said goodnight, where I prayed my little heart out for my babies until I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment