Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 20: So much to do, so little time

We started the day at the buttcrack of dawn because the kids couldn't sleep.  Really?  It was my day to sleep in.

Fine, if you're awake, you be working!  We tackled the basement.  I can proudly say it is now 85% of the way done.  It is an unfinished basement, so it will never have that finished look, but it has a steel beam reinforced ceiling and 3 sides are concrete...so we are going to be hanging out there a ton....'specially during tornado season.

The food is finally unpacked...YAY!  But we are missing weird, weird things.  And we found a marshmallow packed in one of the boxes.  Yeah, a marshmallow!  Don't get me started....I don't like the packers...I may never like the packers.

Then we took a bit of a break before we had to drive an hour and half to Stake Standards night.

While I was vegging, watching TV my T-Mobile phone rang...could it be?  It was....the T-Mobile rep I waiting for.  HA HA...I was ready for the fight.  It was anti-climatic.  This is WHY.

So then we were headed out for standards night.  We got everyone in the car, and we were off.  It really was an hour and a half away.  CRAZY!

I went to the meeting with Savannah and Felix took the other three to check out Cape Girardeau.  Savannah and I had a really neat, quiet time.  Felix and the other three got lost, ended up in the ghetto and didn't have a good time.

When the meeting was over, we took advantage of the fact there were places to eat and went to, bum, didee bum...the Olive Garden.  How cliche.  HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Then we took the journey home.  We were gone for 6 1/2 hours for an 1 and 45 minute meeting.  That is something to get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment