Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 18: Unleaded please

The second day of school was much better for them.  I don't think it was easier for me, but I do know they got picked up at 7:15 and home at 3:50.  And the high schoolers toned down the language a smidge.  They just have to prove they are at the top of the food chain.

I kept myself busy.  Thank goodness my VT was coming over.  I actually know them both, and they are both newbies like me.  One is from Mesa, AZ and one is from kind of all over, but most recently Lehi, UT.  So we're good.

We had a wonderful visit and I felt a little less lonely.  But near the end of the visit I got a whole lot more freaked out.

Sorry for the TMI portion of this post, but my stomach has been funky since we got here.  I have been chalking it up to stress....but now I think it may be related to the LEAD in the water.  And did I mention the extraordinary levels of radium and all sorts of other things that show up on the periodic table of elements?  Oh yeah, they also failed their monthly EPA testing because of high levels of bacteria.

Maybe that is why the pets are puking too....

So uh, yeah.  I ordered a water cooler.  I got a good deal and it will be here mid week next week.  I also went to the store and bought a ton of bottled water to get us by.  Even the dog and cats are getting bottled water right now too.

Too bad I forgot and let the kids have Top Ramen.

Did I mention there is a warning on the city water bill about the water?

Unleaded please....I'm an unleaded kind of gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment