Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 25: Still Crying

Okay...I'm totally an overprotective Mom, but one of my babies got hurt.

I drove the kids to school...first the Intermediate school for Noah and Baylee.  We didn't know if Savannah could still take the shuttle to the high school, so I had to go there too...oh and it's across town.  Which is ordinarily no big deal, unless you are going for the first time, with a GPS and one other kid to get to his school.

But we made it and I got Caleb to his school...WITHOUT GETTING LOST.  Until I tried to get home.  I even knew how to get home...but I followed the GPS, thinking it knew a short cut.  It didn't.  I got lost, but I got home eventually.

Once I got home, I called all of the schools, made sure they knew the kids weren't going to be on the bus anymore.  Found out Savannah could still take the shuttle, so I won't have to drive to the high school...YAY.

And once I got home.  I cried some more.

Then I worked.  Then my piano tuner came.  He tuned our upright and gave me an estimate for the 'New' old baby grand that we bought.  He can actually fix it and make it playable.  YAY!  But he is having surgery, so we have to wait a couple of months....thank goodness he is in our ward, so every time he sees me he will remember.

Then the AT&T guy came.  We got our first bill for cable and went, I don't think so.  I'll have to dedicate a post to how freakin' expensive everything is here (as a preview...Milk is $4 per gallon).  So we are switching to AT&T U-verse...and I get a $400 gift card and a discount on our cell phones...so yeah, we are totally switching.

But it took the AT&T guy 6 hours to get everything switched because the wiring in this house is a little off...just like everything else.

And I had to kick him out when I went to pick up the kids from school.  Which took me 45 minutes because it's just weird here.  And Baylee was really, really mad it took so long to get her.

But our water cooler came too, so after the AT&T guy left we went to get water bottles...and Caleb was horrible.  He still wasn't dealing with the stress of the day before.  Sigh....how do I fix this one?

We did make it through the day...with some tears, but we did make it.  That's saying something.  What?  I don't know...it's just saying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment