Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 17: THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

Can I just say how we were all dreading this day?

We were all up bright and early...6:20 to be exact.  The bus was supposed to come at 7:10.  Yes, that is A.M.

Of course, since it was the first day of school, everyone was up bright and early.  Dressed and ready to go.  The schools here feed the kids breakfast (FOR FREE), so they were totally excited.

We were out and on the corner for pickup at 7:05.  Backpacks, necessities, lunches, etc.  We were ready.

We were still ready at 7:10.

We were less ready at 7:15.

We were completely not ready at 7:20 when I went to get the car and drive them.

Then the bus came.  They got on.  I went into the house.  I sat down.  I didn't cry...but I wanted to.

It was a long day.  I got some stuff done.  In between the fretting, pacing and wondering.  I only walked to the car one time to do a drive by each of the schools.  I went back into the house instead.

Then...YAY!  It was 3:30...they should be home soon.

It was 3:45...

It was 3:50...

It was 3:55...

It was 4:00...

I called Felix and said, when do I panic?  Five more minutes.  Savannah wasn't answering her cell or texts.  Something was wrong.

She finally answered they were on their way.  They got home at 4:15.  Yeah, this whole bus thing...totally not going to work for me.

So here is the days summary:

Savannah - I made it to the high school and back to the middle school.  Worked out Homeroom with my Science Teacher, got into the advanced placement program and the food is TOTALLY gross.

Noah - I made a friend before school.  Our classes were together, then they changed my whole schedule so I could go to the junior high for math.

Baylee - I have Belle in all of my 3rd period classes!  Yay...can I have a snack?

Caleb - Do you remember when I thought Ms. Conaway was nice?  I was wrong.  And school lunch is yummy?  What about the lunch I packed you?  I saved it for after school.

So we all survived....and they all learned some new words on the bus.  They mostly start with "F" and "S".  Use your imagination people.

No comments:

Post a Comment