Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 14: Welcome, Welcome Sabbath Morning

I have so much to get used to here, and that includes church.

It was nice to be able to go and know a few people this week.  But that doesn't make it any less adventurous.

The Young Women's presidency was released and a new one was put in.  Only there is the YW President and a 1st counselor.  That's it.  Oh, and they added a 3rd Counselor to Relief Society.  Yeah (but according to the RS President there is nothing in writing that says she can't).

One of the talks was from one of the other 'newbies' in the ward and the other was from a grizzled veteran that thinks we have turned away from our Christian roots and the country is going asunder...guess what he spoke about.  Yup, politics. 

Sunday School was pretty normal, and yes I spent my time trying to download the Gospel Library onto my new iPhone.  Okay, fine, I caved.  But AT&T is the only carrier with a decent signal here and why make the jump if I couldn't be cool.

Relief Society.  Ummmm, this is a family friendly blog, so I will be vague.  The lesson was on morality.  The comments were not that tame.  'Nuff said.

And with that, I am officially campaigning for a Primary or Young Womens calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment